Health & Beauty

Back ON it!

shutterstock_189357902

And…I’m back!

A while back I wrote My Best Me – about how I’m making changes to my life in order to be the best possible version of me I can be. This life thing is happening fast and I want to make sure I’m in prime condition to enjoy it!  So I was sorting my fitness, my nutrition and generally trying to be the best me I could be.B&WAnd then I went and had an accident and it threw everything!   For a while, I was under doctors orders not to exercise, then I lost the desire to exercise as life just seemed a bit, well, too BIG.

And life is STILL big and I’m still healing – but I’ve realised that I need to take care of myself in all this.  When I train, I feel energised and happy about life.  I feel physically strong and mentally prepared for anything.  When I don’t, I don’t.  It’s that simple.butterfly2Like most women, life is hectic and the constant work / life / husband / children  juggling is just how things are.  And I wouldn’t have it any other way!  “It’s happening” is my favourite phrase right now!  So rather than feel overwhelmed and like it’s impossible to stay healthy in the madness, I’m embracing it and making life healthy inspite of the madness!

The lovely ladies at Sweaty Betty asked if I wanted to pick some new gear when they heard I was back on it!  And I LOVE the vibrant pattern of the Chasandra Yoga Leggings and Sirsha Top and the message in the other pieces I chose! BREATHE (Yoga Vest) is my constant reminder to be in the moment and live it! And the butterfly design on the leggings is how I feel now that I can train again!  It’s truly the best feeling ever!

So on the days I can, I head to my gym, David Lloyd in Milton Keynes and Oxford and enjoy the social and physical benefits of group exercising

And on the days time runs away with me, I try to do 25 minutes of exercise at home in my garage.  We can all spare 25 minutes to train within a day, right?breatheBeing back on track feels GOOD!

I’m also feeling more inspired with my juicing and clean diet and recently got two new books to try by Paragon – Clean & Green and Power Snacks.  I’ll keep you posted but even having gorgeous books like this on my coffee table helps keep me inspired!  I’m also loving Deliciously Ella after meeting the lady herself.

Just have to keep this determination through the 6 week holiday!  I always find exercise harder during the holidays but I’ll just have to adjust to exercising as a family.  I feel lots of bike rides coming on!

How about you?  What helps you keep on track?

• Reply Mummy Matters August 17, 2015 at 8:02 am

I haven’t been able to exercise for the longest time thanks to excruciating pain in my ankles the Docs have no answer for but finally after chatting to my local health food shop and taking natural supplements and pain free. I have started exercising at home and love that exercise pain the next morning that tells you you did it. I am considering getting back into the gym again so I am on the lookout for new gear because I feel more motivated and able to move when I’m wearing the right clothing. I LOVE the butterfly leggings!!

• Reply Katy August 17, 2015 at 8:57 am

Yay! Congratulations on being back on the wagon! It is the best feeling. And I’m with you on the clothes motivation. Makes me feel so much more vibed up for giving 100%! xx

• Reply claire August 1, 2015 at 4:18 pm

So I searched ‘Felixstowe’ on Instagram (i live there) and found your picture of the posh fish and chips, and here we are, I’ve only recently discovered Sweaty Betty, being a total Gym novice, and I am loving everything about it. honestly, my whole wardrobe is becoming full of gym clothing. So comfortable. I am a new fan of leggings.
    I get what you mean about feeling great, I promised myself I would get fit this year and I have never felt so good about myself, long may it continue, although I’m driving my friends mad with my new attitude to life and my ‘happy endorphins’ haha!!

• Reply jbmumofone July 11, 2015 at 7:29 am

I LOVE Sweaty Betty and they make the most comfy leggings in the whole world! I too am trying to get fitter but am afraid I still lack the willpower to commit to eating clean properly. May try and start this again on Monday. Saturday is a rubbish day to start right? 😉

• Reply Katy July 11, 2015 at 10:37 am

Start Monday! I find the hardest thing is getting started. Once I’m a few days in I can spur myself on with how good I”m feeling! I’m done with having no energy and not feeling at my best. It’s happening!! Albeit again! 😉 x

• Reply Anya from Older Single Mum and The Healer July 10, 2015 at 3:39 pm

So glad to see you’re healing well enough to exercise again – it makes such a difference to the mind and yes, how hard it is when the kids are off?! I take mine out on their scooters or rollerblades and walk very fast to keep up with them. My knees are now too knackered to run! xx

• Reply Katy July 10, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Ooh – love the scootering idea! Thanks lady x

• Reply Michelle Twin Mum July 10, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Go for it Katy. What keps me on trakc, err – I’m so far off track at the moment it is unreal. Must sort it out! Mich x

• Reply Katy July 10, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Thanks lady x

• Reply mummybarrow July 10, 2015 at 12:45 pm

What keeps me on track?

Wine.

I really must sort myself out this autumn. The summer is looking crazy. And our garage even more crazy but the more you post about this the more I think “that Hill woman might be on to something here”.

Do Sweaty Betty do tops that would accommodate my bosums? This is the question.

• Reply Katy July 10, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Ooh – I’m SURE they would! Sadly not a problem I ever face! *puffs out chest ** fails miserably

• Reply Mammasaurus July 10, 2015 at 9:41 am

I am happy to report that I’m having physiotherapy now for my ‘glass ankles’ and the big buff chap doing it says he can ‘get me running’ by the end of it – SO happy about this, as there’s nothing worse than wanting to exercise and not being able to do a flipping thing (seriously even swimming hurts it at the moment!)
    Glad to hear you have your mojo back and are hitting it hard! As for the summer hols I suspect running round after the kids for 6 weeks will be hardwork in itself!

• Reply Katy July 10, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Ah – hugs to you lady. It’s SO dull. And you’re right about the summer hols!! Might have to treat myself to a massage in September! 😉 x

• Reply Kate Holmes July 9, 2015 at 11:57 pm

You help me keep on track, a different track to you but one that is having a huge positive effect. You have gone through a lot recently – make sure you take care of you.

• Reply Katy July 10, 2015 at 9:25 am

Thanks lady. Good luck with your journey! x