Life

Awards Week

It’s been a bit of a week!

It started off with a trip to the BAFTA Game Awards in London’s Tobacco Dock. What an amazing evening!  Wow!  So many inspirational people from the world of gaming and I actually got to present an award with the super talented Dan Croll, who’s From Nowhere is the soundtrack to our weekend breakfasts most weeks!

BAFTA2I won’t pretend my heart wasn’t pounding as I waited backstage for my turn.  A long walk onto the stage, with a few steps thrown in for good measure, is enough to keep anyone on their toes! Who invented killer heels anyway?  What a ridiculous invention!  Anyway – I survived the experience and even got t utter the immortal line “and the BAFTA is awarded to…..” which was pretty surreal!

BAFTA

I went for sexy/classy with my look – or that was my motivation anyway!  Stella & Dot sent me the stunning Grace Chandelier Earings and matching cuff bracelet and I managed to track down the perfect dress for the occasion from ASOS.  £65 for a black-tie dress?  Sounds good to me!  Then, after eyeing the free champagne at the after-party but full aware that my 3.30 alarm would be WAY too painful if I indulged, I enjoyed a bit of the after party then it was time for Cinders to head to bed, ahead of Heart Breakfast the following morning.

BAFTA3

A few days later and I was heading to This Morning to talk last minute dress up costumes for kids!  Heading to the studios is always so much fun as you don’t know who you’re going to end up bumping into.  On this occasion it was the lovely Justin “Don’t-Even-Think-About-Trying-To-Convince-Your- Kids-He’s-The-Same-Man-As-Mr-Tumble” Fletcher!  I’m pleased to report, every bit as lovely as you’d hope he’d be.  He coped very well with my full-on Fan Girl action, even if he was (probably) secretly a bit scared!

THISMORNING

Philip and Amanda are always lovely and Philip is such a legend – just the loveliest man to work with.  I had a last minute wardrobe switch since I’d assumed we were standing up for the item but we ended up sitting down and plan a was a bit too tight for such things!  Thank goodness I’d thrown an old favourite into my bag at the last minute.

Then it was off to one of the highlights of my year in the shape of the Tommy’s Baby Awards at London’s stunning Landmark Hotel.  I was honoured to be asked to host the event for the second year in a row, given that they’ve never had any repeat hosts.  Sadly I’ve also been battling the lurgie this week, which meant I was weighing up the desire to not let them down, with whether I could do the awards justice. The sweet team dosed me up with throat spray and supplied honey and lemon water through the ceremony and it was a wonderful event.  Always so incredible to hear inspirational stories and I always find the event life-affirming.  I always head home afterwards and hug my two babies extra tightly.

TOMMYS

For this event, again it was ASOS to the rescue on the dress front, which I teamed with my new fave boots and Stella & Dots Zinnia ring.

Tommy’s do such wonderful work and they’re all about the long-term solution, not the short term fix.  It was great to hear all about their exciting plans for the coming year, including a fourth research centre in the UK, and I always leave feeling proud to be able to support such a worthwhile charity.  I just hope that, next year, I’m feeling 100%!

I actually feel like I’m the one worthy of an award after pulling off that week with tonsillitis!  If you need me, I think I’ll be shunning my heels in favour of my joggers and antibiotics for a while!  Ah – my glamorous life!

• Reply Cass@frugalfamily March 26, 2015 at 7:11 pm

I think I’d need a week to recover 😉

You look fab in all your outfits but I LOVE the dress you wore for the Tommys awards – it looks great x x

• Reply otilia March 26, 2015 at 9:20 am

Oh what an exciting life you have! Would love to live at least 10% of it 🙂

• Reply Katy March 26, 2015 at 11:28 am

Ah thanks! Doesn’t feel very exciting right now in bed mind! x

• Reply Lulastic March 26, 2015 at 12:01 am

Crumbs Katy you are a FOX!
    (And a busy bee- You definitely need to have a few days relaxing in your onesie drinking wine and eating cheese)

• Reply Katy March 26, 2015 at 8:11 am

Haha! Thanks! Although that’s how I know I’m super ill – even wine and cheese don’t sound good 🙁 x

• Reply Michelle Twin Mum March 25, 2015 at 7:42 pm

My goodness Katy, I have no idea how you do it. Simply amazing to go out for thse evenings ans then do your breakfast show. I hope the throat is better real soon and I’ll be praying for a speedy recovery. Mich x

• Reply Katy March 26, 2015 at 8:11 am

Thanks so much x

• Reply Liz Burton March 25, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Wow what a busy week!

You look fab in all your outfits. I seriously don’t ono how you’re managing to get up so early though. And looking so great on it!

• Reply Katy March 25, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Thanks lady. I guess the earlies just make me feel like I have newborns again! x

• Reply Sim @ Sims Life March 25, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Oh wow! What a crazy week – I don’t know how you do it all and still look absolutely amazing! I want your secret! Hope you are feeling better now! 🙂 x

• Reply Katy March 25, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Thanks so much. Nothing a few days in bed and some antibiotics won’t solve. Can’t honestly remember feeling this ill though. x

• Reply Boo Roo and Tigger Too March 25, 2015 at 2:20 pm

What a week! I’m loving the dresses you selected from ASOS it just goes to show you don’t need to spend a fortune to look fabulous.

• Reply Katy March 25, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Thanks so much! I loved those dresses and it did make me chuckle to myself at how reasonable they were for those kind of events! x

• Reply Mammasaurus March 25, 2015 at 2:08 pm

What a week and how flipping gorgeous do you look all the time? VERY VERY VERY!
    Well done on managing to do so much whilst feeling under the weather- proper profesh 🙂

• Reply Katy March 25, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Thanks lady! And it’s all smoke & mirrors – trust me! Just a bit of “I’m a little teapot” and I’m away! x

• Reply Clare Goldsack March 25, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Well done Katy, what an inspiration you are. My friend has posted some pictures of her granddaughter, Sophia Hope, who won a Tommy Awrd this year. She and the family were so thrilled. Hope you can get some well deserved rest this week. Tash was struck down with Tonsillitis too – 7 days off school and very poorly. She’s feeling much better now, hope you are too. Xx

• Reply Katy March 25, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Ah – sweet Sophia. It’s so amazing to see families recognised when they’ve been through so much. Glad Tash is feeling better. I can totally believe the 7 days off school thing – I can’t remember ever feeling this ill – EVER!

• Reply Alice Hassall March 25, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Jeeeeeeees woman you need to sit down and just be for a bit after all that lot. Just to let you know I would like to kiss Phil on the face and every time you’re there I get so jealous I pretend to be yu. *waits for restraining order through the post*

• Reply Katy March 25, 2015 at 6:27 pm

I’m with you on the Phil front! Shh…. don’t tell! 😉 x

• Reply Kate/WitWitWoo March 25, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Goodness, I’m exhausted just reading that! Must be lovely to be a woman in demand lol! x

• Reply Katy March 25, 2015 at 6:27 pm