Health & Beauty

How does your Garden Grow?!

Topiary 1

Yeah Mary Mary – you contrary creature you – how DOES it grow?  Yes – the summer is here….(allegedly) and bikini season is almost upon us …. Which means it’s topiary season!  Or something along those lines.

Recently I had a huge moral dilemma concerning all things lady garden.  I was starting a course of laser hair removal but my answer to the “How Do you Wear Yours” question was a little more fuzzy (fully intended) than usual since I now have a daughter who will one day be a teenager.

And unless I want her to feel like the freak, or have the money to pay Gwyneth Paltrow to strut starkers around my house rocking her self proclaimed “70‘s Vibe”, I need to be careful about the choices I make from here on in.  Especially so since Soprano is pretty permanent.  There’s no going back baby!  Can’t be sticking THOSE bad boys back on!

Don’t get me wrong.  I have no interest in a life as Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy.  But equally, Slinky Mallinky might send my teenage Kaya screaming for the hills!  And how will I feel if I’m 90 and still looking like I might be making a bit of extra cash on the side at weekends?!  Will it be equivalent to a 90 year old with wrinkled tattoos?

So it’s a dilemma!  Let me know where you stand on the question?

Anyway, my final decision is solely for myself and my man to know – and of course my lovely Soprano therapist at Courthouse Clinics.

A-MAZ-ING!

Seriously brilliant! Why have I never done this before?  Who has time to shave every morning in the midst of the madness, not to mention endure the day 3 itching!  I had laser years ago – when it first surfaced, and believe me, Soprano was SO different!  It wasn’t comfy – but nor did it hurt massively and there’s no risk of burning.  I’ve now had 2 sessions out of 8 and can already see a massive difference!

So yes – I might have been BORN in the 70’s but, unlike Gwynny, that’s the only link to the era going on around here!

Happy days!

x

To find out more head to:

• Reply kate August 6, 2014 at 8:56 am

Katie, you had me chocking on my egg.. literally! I LOVE your blogs. They make me think such a lot! Today I’m thinking how short should i mow the front lawn!!

• Reply Katy August 6, 2014 at 11:42 am

Haha! I aim to please! 😉 Good luck with that mowing x

• Reply Emma Day (crazywithtwins) August 26, 2013 at 9:58 am

I’ve been a waxer since I was 14 (compulsary swimming at high school). Brazilian by 18 and Hollywood by 19. Shaving is just too horrendous for words. What puts me off laser, is that you have that long wait where you have to grow it and aren’t allowed to wax. Is it worth it?

• Reply Katy September 2, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Hey lady – there’s NO wait with laser! Not like waxing where you have to grow – just shave away baby! 😉 x

• Reply Mum in a Hurry August 16, 2013 at 9:51 am

Haha. Love it! So did you stick with laser in the end?

• Reply Katy September 2, 2013 at 7:48 pm

You know it! 😉 x

• Reply Eliza_Do_Lots June 26, 2013 at 3:54 pm

This is a subject I have to worry less about, being a Mum of boys, who are – rather unfairly – allowed to be rather more hirsuit. However I might have to explore this process you’re a convert of – two pregnancies somehow turned the area beneath my clothes into something resembling a droopy ape between knee and armpit. Which is sexy.

• Reply Katy June 26, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Brilliant! Well, my son told me today he loves my “big tummy” and actually asked if there was a baby in there! Nice x

• Reply Actually Mummy... June 24, 2013 at 9:57 am

Oh good lord I hadn’t considered the effect of my shaping on my daughter! Just don’t do anything too weird like heart-shaped or lightening bolt, will you? I could never look you in the eye again… 😉

• Reply Katy June 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I know, right?! It only struck me the other day how my choices would be affecting her teenage years! Not that Im ready to embrace au Naturel either mind! Enjoy that conundrum!! 😉 x

• Reply Katy June 24, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Then again, lightening bolt……..! X

• Reply Michelle | The American Resident June 23, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I’ve always wondered about laser hair removal. It sounds so nice to not have that hassle of regular, um, pruning! You may have just convinced me…

• Reply Katy June 23, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Seriously – I’m 2 in and a changed woman! Can’t believe I didn’t do it sooner! X

• Reply Kirsty Hornblow June 23, 2013 at 11:37 am

I’ll be so interested to know what you think at the end of the treatment. A friend of mine had it done about 10 years ago now and it put me off as the last appointment was neither delicate or painless. Ouch!

• Reply Katy June 23, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Yeah – that was old school when lasers first started! I tried it too. Like chalk & Jesse to how it is now! AMAZING! x

• Reply Steph (@imcountingufoz) June 22, 2013 at 8:31 am

Hmm good question. Here is where I stand on it.

I sort my lady garden out. I mainly just make sure nothing pokes out the sides of my bikini bottoms, and keep the rest looking neat and tidy. I think the best thing we can teach our daughters is to feel confident enough in their own bodies to do what feels right for them.

If I had the budget for laser removal I’d be on it like white on rice! I can’t be doing with shaving either, so I epilate instead. It’s ouchy on such a delicate area, but the more you do it, the less it hurts.

Sx

• Reply Katy June 22, 2013 at 10:24 pm

That’s too funny… When I was 18 I made Epilady machines on a Kibbutz in Israel! Thanks for sharing x

• Reply Trey June 21, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I like their work. May have to sign myself up.

• Reply Katy June 22, 2013 at 10:28 pm